Legal Reasoning and Legal Writing 8e
Buy a new version of this Connected Casebook and receive access to the online e-book, practice questions from your favorite study aids and an outline tool on CasebookConnect, the all in one learning solution for law school students. CasebookConnect offers you what you need most to be successful in your law school classes – portability, meaningful feedback and greater efficiency.
Legal Reasoning and Legal Writing teaches students how to organize and incorporate a legal argument into strong and cogent writing for a variety of applications in legal practice. Because effective legal writing is predicated on sound legal reasoning, the authors treat both as integral parts of one process.
- Comprehensive coverage of how to write an office memo, motion memo, and appellate brief—with additional chapters on oral
- argument, client letters, and professional email
- Exceptionally student-friendly treatment of how to organize a proof for a conclusion of law
- A thoughtful look at all aspects of legal reasoning, from rule-based analysis to the strategy of persuasion
- An accessible approach that focuses on the process of writing timely examples and exercises from legal practice
- A full complement of sample documents in the Appendices
- Additional materials and resources on the Companion Website.
A timely revision that reflects current practice, the Eighth Edition presents:
- Expanded coverage of oral research reports and email correspondence
- New sample appellate briefs from a recent transgender rights case
- A fresh look at statutory construction and case analysis
Law school comes with a lot of reading, so access your enhanced e-book anytime, anywhere to keep up with your coursework. Highlight, take notes in the margins, and search the full text to quickly find coverage of legal topics.
Quiz yourself before class and prep for your exam in the Study Center. Practice questions from Examples & Explanations, Emanuel Law Outlines, Emanuel Law in a Flash flashcards, and other best-selling study aid series help you study for exams while tracking your strengths and weaknesses to help optimize your study time.
Most professors will tell you that starting your outline early is key to being successful in your law school classes. The Outline Tool automatically populates your notes and highlights from the e-book into an editable format to accelerate your outline creation and increase study time later in the semester.
|By||Richard K. Neumann Jr., Ellie Margolis, Kathryn M. Stanchi|
|Country of Publication||United States|
|Dimensions||25.1 x 17.8 cm|
|Publication Date||Feb 23, 2017|