An Introduction to Project Management 5e
An Introduction to Project Management provides a separate chapter for planning integration and scope management and for planning time and cost management. Additional examples are provided for creating work breakdown structures and schedules. It also includes information on Basecamp, a free web-based project management tool, along with a user guide (replaces AtTask in Appendix B).
In addition to updating many references and examples, this edition continues to include several popular features:
- Follows the Project Management Institute's PMBOK® Guide, Fifth Edition (2013)
- Has chapters for each process group and a comprehensive case study to illustrate applying tools and techniques throughout the project life cycle
- Includes a Guide for using Microsoft Project 2013
- Provides a free trial of MatchWare's MindView Business software (www.matchware.com/intropm), a tool for creating mind maps, Gantt charts, and other project documents
- Uses real-world examples and references, including opening cases and case wrap-ups, examples of what went right, what went wrong, media snapshots, best practices, and video highlights in each chapter
- End of chapter materials include chapter summaries, quick quizzes, discussion questions, and exercises, with case studies provided in Appendix C
- Comprehensive, secure instructor site available with lecture slides, solution files, test banks, etc.
- Free Web site includes over fifty template files, online quizzes and games, data files for Project 2013, links to sites mentioned in the text, and much more
Visit the free companion Web site at www.intropm.com.
|Country of Publication||United States|
|Dimensions||24.6 x 18.8 cm|
|Publication Date||May 28, 2015|
|Publisher||CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform|