Blackstone's Criminal Practice 2019 - Main Volume and Supplement 1 Only
A statement from Lord Justice Hickinbottom (Chair, Judicial Library Committee)
Following a survey of all Resident Judges in 2016, the decision was taken centrally to provide Blackstone’s Criminal Practice in every Crown courtroom in England & Wales. Previously, each court centre determined whether to order and use Blackstone or Archbold. Judges continued to be able to access both works online and use their personal allowances to buy books of their choosing. At the time, it was made clear that this decision would be reviewed at a later date.
Over the last eighteen months the judiciary and the Judicial Library Service have worked closely with Oxford University Press and Thomson Reuters to provide input into the forthcoming editions of each of the works. I am now pleased to confirm that, as a result of discussions with OUP and Thomson Reuters, for the forthcoming legal year, every Crown courtroom will be provided with one copy of each book. This will enable us to conduct a meaningful review, which will inform the decision on which book will be provided from October 2019.
I encourage all criminal judges to consult and make use of both publications, whether online or in print, prior to the review which is expected to be undertaken in Spring 2019. The Judicial Library Committee will now begin work on how best to conduct the review, and further information on the content and format will be issued in due course.
This new edition has been meticulously revised to provide extensive coverage of all new legislation, case law, and Practice Directions.
- Your single point of reference for the criminal courts
- Professor David Ormerod QC and David Perry QC lead a team of contributors whose courtroom expertise you can rely on
- Clear, common-sense navigation coupled with a logical, intuitive structure - instant access to the information you need
- Practical guidance on sentencing and procedure - your essential companion through every stage of every trial
- Useful materials supplement contains the materials you need to access most frequently - includes the full updated text of the Criminal Procedure Rules, the Criminal Practice Directions, and the Sentencing Guidelines Supplements, quarterly updates, web updates, and email alerts keep you fully abreast of all developments
- Criminal Procedure Rules (integrated with the Criminal Practice Directions) and Sentencing Guidelines.
- Distinguished new members of the Blackstone's Advisory Editorial Board: HHJ Michael Hopmeier, HHJ Steven Everett, HHJ Heather Norton, HHJ Jonathan Cooper
- Coverage of new cases and legislation, the latest Sentencing Guidelines, and updates to the Criminal
- Procedure Rules and Practice Directions Redesigned supplement and revised chapters and index for easier navigation in court
|By||Professor David Ormerod QC, David Perry QC|
|Country of Publication||United Kingdom|
|Dimensions||183 x 262 x 118 (mm)|
|Publication Date||Oct 10, 2018|
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|